From: Dan Armak <ermak@×××××××××××××.il>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] feature request for X ebuild
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 14:12:15
1 On Friday 13 July 2001 23:07, you wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 12:44:55PM -0700, Taras Glek wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > > X has several drivers that are not perfect and some just dont work on
5 > > stuff like my laptop. However there are third party projects that come up
6 > > with superior drivers and for some reason release them outside the tree.
7 > > In particual the gatos ati drivers and the savage drivers are what I'm
8 > > interested in.
9 > > Could you added an option to the X ebuild, something like USE="gatos" or
10 > > USA=savage so it downloads and compiles with alternate drivers.
11 > >
12 > > http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html <--savage driver
13 > > http://www.linuxvideo.org/gatos/ <-- i belive the updated ati driver
14 > > lives there...the url isnt working for me at the moment
15 >
16 > This is a good idea; any takers who want to work on a new version of the
17 > xfree ebuild?
18 >
19 > Best Regards,
20
21 BTW: we might finally incorporate the nvidia drivers as well.
22
23 Dan Armak