From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New Dev: markusle
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 22:52:08
Hola all-

Got us a new dev to harass, mentored by ribosome, and helping out in
the scientific herd- quantum chemistry, and molecular dynamics
packages, subjects that have have the potential to cause
cereberal hemorrhaging :)

In his own words-

I have been part of our research group's (http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/)
system administration team for the last 5 years. We have
a pretty large computational facility with probably more than
50 desktops, lots of servers, several hundred CPU's in beowulf
clusters, and many TB of (backuped) storage.

Currently, I am a post-doctoral researcher at the University
of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. This, unfortunately, implies
that I don't have a lot of spare time. What's left of it I spend
with my family, hacking away on my Thinkpad T30, and
reading. To remain somewhat sane, I maintain a pretty strict
running schedule of about 7-10 miles a day.
Finally, I really enjoy cooking; unfortunately, due to my
geographic location and a non-air conditioned apartment
any significant cooking is restricted to the cold mid-western
winter :)

So welcome him, dump bugs on 'em, and in general put him through the
usual ringer :)
~harring