From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for August
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 19:28:21
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 13:51:55 -0500 Lance Albertson
3 > <ramereth@g.o> wrote:
4 > | There are more constructive ways of finding out the status of a
5 > | problem/solution.
6 >
7 > Actually, with that in mind I think the council could be of help here...
8 > The bugs slowdown *is* a serious problem, and Jakub's failing miserably
9 > at getting it addressed properly. Perhaps the council could suggest a
10 > more reasonable way of handling things -- for example, how about
11 > requesting that certain projects (ones that are important but not
12 > providing what developers or users would like) deliver status reports
13 > to each meeting? That would satisfy the requests for information, and
14 > it would spare infra from the constant puerile whining they're
15 > receiving...
18 I don't see a problem with doing something like that if its within
19 reason. I know this has made infra look terrible with how long its been
20 drawn out. Its been a failure on many different levels in the chain. I
21 admit that I'm not happy about it either and feel rather embarrassed
22 about it.
23
24 I was planning on eventually sending an email asking the devs what they
25 want so we (infra) have a better idea. Sometimes its hard to get a feel
26 for what developers need without them directly contacting us. Anyways,
27 thats for another time (hopefully soon).
30 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
31 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
32
33 ---
34 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
35 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
36
37 ramereth/irc.freenode.net