From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Install hints
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 07:33:58
1 Jake Bishop wrote:
2 >
3 > Hello,
4 > I have the sys-i686 20010425 build up and running.I would like to install kernel
5 > sources, and PPP.2.4 and rp-pppoe-3.0 so I can use the portage system for the
6 > rest. I have used Freebsd ports and loved it.I just need to know what commands
7 > are used and what files I have to edit to get these packages installed and
8 > running.
9
10 You mean you need to install the binary packages to get connetcted to
11 the internet for the rest, correct?
12
13 download the binary packages for rp-pppoe adn ppp to
14 /usr/portage/packages/All ( you must create this dir first).
15 cd to that dir and run
16
17 pkgmerge [packagename].tbz2
18
19 We have no kernel source packages as tbz2's on ibiblio at the moment. If
20 you need one contact me.
21
22 bye achim~
23