From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Usefulness of HOMEPAGE=https://www.gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2019 19:58:59
1 On 12/4/19 7:26 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2019-12-04 at 17:24 +0200, Joonas Niilola wrote:
3 >> On 12/4/19 5:21 PM, Kent Fredric wrote:
4 >>> On Wed, 04 Dec 2019 13:36:07 +0100
5 >>> Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>>> My point is: gentoo.org as a HOMEPAGE sucks. Please use something more
8 >>>> specific instead. Even link to gitweb would be more helpful because it
9 >>>> would at least be relevant to the package in question.
10 >>> I agree so much I would support the addition of a QA check for this.
11 >>>
12 >> I take it you haven't checked the CI results lately? Reaction to that
13 >> probably spawned this ML thread.
14 >>
15 >> https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gentoo-ci/output.html
16 > Actually, I've requested that check. However, I didn't expect that many
17 > packages to be affected.
18 >
19 > Given that it's open season on me lately, and apparently people feel
20 > offended when bugs are reported for their packages, I've decided to
21 > start by trying to make people realize the problem globally first.
22
23 That's a nice initiatitve. Overall I feel like (global) future CI checks
24 should be discussed first, because they affect everyone who's
25 committing, and it feels weird starting to suddenly receive mails about
26 things you've pushed a hundred times before. As seen by the evergrowing
27 list of new warnings, people just start to ignore these new checks or
28 "fix it on next version bump", because knowledge wasn't there on a
29 previous one.
30
31 -- juippis