From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] All profile directories going EAPI=5
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 18:42:21
1 On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina
2 <zerochaos@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > I see exactly zero downside to doing this, so if whoever is going to
5 > actually do the editing of the profiles would like to work with me (to
6 > give me warning), I think I can manage the rest.
7
8 I see no harm in this - it is just a tarball on a website somewhere
9 and a news item.
10
11 I suggest you draft your news item so that it is bikeshed with time to
12 spare, then you can just substitute your intended URL inside at the
13 last minute, and then take the snapshot. I don't think you need to
14 worry about getting it down to the commit - just grab a snapshot
15 reasonably close to the profile change.
16
17 Actually, I can't really think of a practical reason not to just do
18 the news/snapshot now. Nobody will see the news until they do an
19 emerge --sync, and if they do an emerge --sync a year from now it
20 makes little difference that the snapshot is an extra two weeks out of
21 date or whatever. Then there is nothing to coordinate.
22
23 Rich