From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: Troy Dack <troy@××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 'screen' on the LiveCDs
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 12:33:51
1 On 1 Feb 2003, Troy Dack wrote:
2
3 > On Sat, 2003-02-01 at 21:57, John Nilsson wrote:
4 > > I havent tested screen yet, however ION/gnome-terminal is what I cannot
5 > > live without =), take a look at ION.
8 > The beauty of screen is that it is console based and does not need a
9 > gui.
10 >
11 > The other *really* big plus is that you can start a process running and
12 > then detach the screen session and log off, the process will continue.
13 > Log on from another terminal/box/console/what ever and then resume the
14 > screen session.
15 >
16 > This coupled with the fact that you can start sshd on the livecd means
17 > that you could be able to do remote installs for friends over ssh (and
18 > not have to keep the ssh session open) via a quick phone call to start
19 > sshd and change the passwd.
20
21 ppc livecd has screen on it.
22