From: Sean Mitchell <SMitchell@×××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: "'gentoo-dev@g.o'" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] What is insopts?
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:31:31
1 Ah!
2
3 Okay... is this because there's no sanctioned way to do it from an ebuild?
4 Seems to me that /etc/passwd could get huge if we did this for any package
5 that wants its own userid(s).
6
7 I'm thinking that I should just call useradd... anyone have wisdom to the
8 contrary to offer?
9
10 On a bit of a tangent, I'm wondering if a qmail or maybe a maildir USE
11 variable wouldn't be justified as it can have a big impact on other
12 packages. Mailmail is going to require some tweaking for sure.
13
14 Sean
15
16 -----Original Message-----
17 From: Geert Bevin [mailto:gbevin@×××××××.be]
18 Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 4:22 PM
19 To: gentoo-dev@g.o
20 Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] What is insopts?
23 Qmail doesn't create its users dynamically, they're always present in
24 /etc/passwd even if qmail is not installed.