From: Timo Lindemann <lindem@×××××××××××××××××××××××××.DE>
To: Joseph Booker <joe@××××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Time-and-bandwidth-saving script
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 15:17:02
1 On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Joseph Booker wrote:
2
3 > Chris Gianelloni said:
4 > > On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 16:29, Joseph Booker wrote:
5 > >> It just isn't worth it, if you would like to save bandwith, the only
6 > >> advise i can give is to emerge sync everyother day, to decrease what
7 > >> rsync
8 > >> has to do at once
9 > >
10 > > ...or better yet, once a month.
11
12 What is the point of providing the RSYNC_EXCLUDEFROM and not offering a
13 way to use it? I thought up a way to use it, and thought it *might* be of
14 use to others as well. Besides, why should I want to sync ebuilds for
15 programs I'll never be using?
18 > Whats the point of using gentoo if your *that* outdated ;P
19
20 interesting question.
21
22 Regards,