From: Pierre-Henri Jondot <Pierre-Henri.Jondot@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Mozilla 1.0.1 maybe serious problem!!
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 00:19:44
1 On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 00:30:53 +0200
2 Spider <spider@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > begin quote
5 > On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 23:27:19 +0200
6 > Tony Clark <tclark@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >
8 > > I've narrowed things down a little...well a lot i guess, unmerge
9 > > netscape-flash and Mozilla doesn't crash, emerge it back in and it
10 > > crashes again on the same site.
11 > >
12 > > tony
13 >
14 > a quick guess, you now use gcc 3.x ?? gcc 3.x causes flash to crash
15 > with moz/netscape due to the brokenness of flash.
16 >
17 > //Spider
18 >
19 > --
20 I am lucky then... I never had a problem with flash, either when I was using
21 gentoo 1.2, 1.3b and now 1.4_rc1.
24 * net-www/netscape-flash
25 Latest version available: 5.0.50
26 Latest version installed: 5.0.50
27 Homepage: http://www.macromedia.com
30 The only plugin that doesn't work for me is java, except when building from
31 source of course. But I am talking of mozilla 1.0 (-r3) there.
32
33 So mozilla 1.0-r3+netscape-flash 5.0.50 seem rock solid to me...
34
35 I remember from testing that mozilla 1.1 wasn't so stable... but I have no
36 idea if the crashes I encountered came from flash...
37
38 Didn't test mozilla 1.0.1 for the moment.
41 Pierre-Henri Jondot <Pierre-Henri.Jondot@×××××××.fr>
42 Page perso : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/phj