From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:41:04
1 On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:30:24 +0100 Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o> wrote:
2 | OK, so kernel-2.eclass is abusing the slot as well, go scream on
3 | kernel devs.
4
5 No. kernel-2 installs sources, not an actual package.
6
7 | > | Yeah, it checks for that since that's the way the eclass is
8 | > | designed. You can't declare a slot in a kernel ebuild either.
9 |
10 | > One is a design flaw. The other is not.
11 |
12 | Ah, tell me about the dual standards :P
13
14 Not dual standards at all. There's nothing wrong with saying "don't do
15 x unless you're doing y", with appropriate justification.
16
17 | > | Well, starts to be boring - so, either come with something valid
18 | > | from QA standpoint or stop now.
19 |
20 | > This is a valid issue from a QA standpoint. This is also why I'm not
21 | > going to waste my time doing a proper list -- rather than addressing
22 | > issues, they are being passed off as irrelevant or even features.
23 |
24 | Next time, rather think a couple of times up before claiming
25 | something very broken on a public mailing list where you have no
26 | proof for such claims. Will be immensely helpful for everyone
27 | involved.
28
29 No proof?
30
31 Sheesh, you'll probably claim that this isn't broken next too:
32
33 if [ "${IS_UPGRADE}" = "1" ] ; then
34 einfo "Removing old version ${REMOVE_PKG}"
35
36 emerge -C "${REMOVE_PKG}"
37 fi
40 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
41 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
42 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm