From: Andrey Grozin <grozin@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sci-libs/scipy -> dev-python/scipy ?
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 04:03:45
1 On Mon, 7 Jul 2008, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > I actually object to having crap in dev-python, because things should be
3 > categorized functionally instead of by the language they're implemented
4 > in. 90% of the time you don't care about the language. But category
5 > moves are pretty much pointless, so I don't normally bring it up.
6 Then this particular case belongs to the other 10% :-)
7 It is not really important for a user if a library is written in C or
8 fortran, because he can call it from his own programs written in any
9 language. But python modules are only useful for somebody who is going to
10 write his own python code and import them.
11
12 sci-libs/scipi and dev-python/scientificpython are two competing projects
13 which have practically identical aims and descriptions. Do you think this
14 is logical?
15
16 Andrey
17 --