From: "Jared H. Hudson" <jhhudso@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Install errors
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 02:05:04
1 Your problem is with your /etc/make.conf file most likely.
2 There was someone else on this list who had the same problem about a
3 week ago. You probably accidently uncommented something that was just
4 that, a comment, not a commented-out variable, like USE, CHOST,
5 CXXFLAGS, CFLAGS
6
7 Type the following to see:
8 grep -v \# /etc/make.conf | grep [a-z]
9 This command should return something similar to:
10
11 USE="slang readline gpm berkdb gdbm tcpd pam libwww ssl alsa nls mitshm
12 perl python esd gif sdl vorbis ogg gtk X opengl mozilla mmx 3dnow sse
13 java postgres ldap lame bonobo aalib oss libg++"
14 CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
15 CFLAGS="-mcpu=athlon -march=athlon -O3 -pipe"
16 CXXFLAGS="-mcpu=athlon -march=athlon -O3 -pipe"
17
18 If you get anything other than CAPITALWORD="text text" It's probably a
19 comment, and should be commented with a # in front of it.
20
21 -Jared H.
22
23 Thomas Draney wrote:
24
25 > i felt brave today and burned the newest release on a
26 > cd and went at it. Didnt do too bad until the
27 > bootstrap part. I type in #cd /usr/portage then
28 > #scripts/bootstrap.sh. It went for about 5 seconds
29 > and gave me some strange errors probably due to my
30 > missing something somewhere but I am not sure.
31 >
32 > It states something about [mykey] and keys in lines
33 > something like 492 or 482 of possibly python if i was
34 > reading it right. Is there anything I can do to get
35 > past this part or fix it or what did I do wrong?
36 >
37 > Thanks for your help and keep up the good work. If it
38 > turns out as nice as the idea looks right now it will
39 > be great. Thanks again.
40 >
42 > Do You Yahoo!?
43 > Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
44 > http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
46 > gentoo-dev mailing list
47 > gentoo-dev@g.o