From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFI: A better workflow for github pull requests
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 06:58:03
1 On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 15:37:17 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Dnia 13 września 2015 11:48:54 CEST, Jason Zaman
5 > <perfinion@g.o> napisał(a):
6 > >On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 09:12:25PM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
7 > >> Potential solution: bi-dir github <=> bugzilla integration
8 > >> ==========================================================
9 > >>
10 > >> My current idea would be pretty much that:
11 > >>
12 > >> 1. a new dedicated Gentoo bug would be automatically created for
13 > >every
14 > >> pull request on github,
15 > >
16 > >Will this be only github PR's? will github issues be mirrored too? or
17 > >are the issues not supposed to be used on github at all?
18 >
19 > Issues are already disabled and I don't see any point in enabling
20 > them.
23 I've been doing github api work in my new job. Pull-requests ARE
24 issues, just a special version of an issue is all. Your suppose to be
25 able to call up the pull request number using the same number in an
26 issue call.
27
28 Do you mean the issue tracker is disabled? Then they are only allowing
29 pull request issues, not general issues.
32 > >Also, I think the new bugzie version allows multiple aliases on a
33 > >bug, so can we automomatically assign them github-pr-123 and
34 > >github-issue-234
35 > >etc?
36 >
37 > Sounds good.
40 > >> What are your thoughts? Any other proposals?
41 > >
42 > >Overall I like the idea. I think the quoting and other issues can be
43 > >fixed in an acceptable way.
44 > >
45 > >-- Jason
52 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>