From: Hasan Khalil <gongloo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] supersed removal
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:23:16
1 I think that most of the sed issues on mac os can be remedied by using
2 the 'dosed' command as oppose to using sed directly. The only real major
3 hit that the BSD sed takes in comparison to the GNU sed, with regards to
4 what ebuilds commonly use, is the -i (in-place) option, which is taken
5 care of by using 'dosed' instead of 'sed'. Corrections welcome.
6
7 I'm not saying that supersed is no longer required, but I do propose
8 that supersed is not needed on mac os for portage to be happy.
9
10 -Hasan
11