From: Elfyn McBratney <beu@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What would Freud say? New developer; Mike Kelly!
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 17:45:14
1 On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 08:17:44PM -0700, Daniel Ostrow wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 01:22 +0100, Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:
3 > > Hailing from Pittsburgh, PA, the cognitive science department at
4 > > Carnegie Mellon University comes Mike Kelly aka pioto. Already known by
5 > > some of us from his excellent work on dynusers[1] during this years
6 > > Summer of Code he now comes onboard to put it in the tree and
7 > > maintaining it, apart from having implemented GLEP 27 he has previously
8 > > contributed some ebuilds, such as net-im/zephyr. He'll no doubt take up
9 > > some more interesting stuff besides dynusers, that is, if he finds time.
10 > > Although he is taking a gap year before returning as a fourth year
11 > > student at CMU he keeps busy by doing watersports. Yes, watersports. I
12 > > took a double take at that one, before realising he was talking about
13 > > water polo and swimming. He comes prepared, Boy Scout and all!
14 > >
15 > > I of course am most thrilled to find that we've another developer with a
16 > > keen interest in the human brain, he may not be able to read your mind
17 > > but he does speak bash, C, C++, Java, Perl and some sml.
18 > >
19 > > So yeah, buy him a pint and welcome him onboard!
20
21 Welcome aboard, Mike! :) I hear you're working on paludis, so we might
22 have to have some sort of fun competition to see who can add features
23 first. :P
24
25 > Welcome to the insanity....phear!!!!!
26
27 Did someone say phreak? *hides*
28
29 Best,
30 Elfyn
33 Elfyn McBratney,
34 Freenode and Gentoo Developer,
35 Nutty between the hours of 3AM and 14AM...
37 | irc.freenode.net / beu |
38 | beu [@] freenode [.] net |
39 | beu [@] gentoo [.] org |
43 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list