From: purslow@×××××××××.ca
To: Gentoo Devt <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] 'man bash' needs updating
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 20:23:28
1 i just sent the exchange below to Gentoo User,
2 but it occurs to me that there's a tiny alert for developers too.
3
4 whence are 'man' files obtained for inclusion in Gentoo ?
5 when/how are they updated ? can Gentoo developers add things, if needed ?
6
7 more particularly, cd someone add a line re 'bash -x' to 'man bash' ?
8
9 -- start quote --
10
11 040208 Norbert Kamenicky wrote:
12 > Paul Stear wrote:
13 >>> bash -x script
14 >> that's just what I was looking for. Where did you find it?
15 >> I thought I had checked all docs, perhaps I was asleep!!!!
16 > I learned it some years ago probably from "man sh" on another unix.
17 > If u can't find it in "man bash" it's probably
18 > because programmers commonly hate to write/update manuals :-(.
19
20 yes, it's remarkable: it's not listed by 'man bash';
21 if you seek help via 'bash --help', then 'bash -c "help set"', it is listed.
22
23 i have it in my home-made distill'n of 'man bash',
24 but i've no record where/when i heard re it:
25 prob'ly on Mandrake User judging by the 'last altered' date on the file.
26
27 -- end quote --
31 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
32 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
33 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
36 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list