From: MIkey <mikey@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: bootstrapping since gcc 3.4 is stable
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 00:07:46
1 Jan Kundrát wrote:
2
3 > "What is most interesting to me about this discussion is the fact than
4 > no one has bothered to offer any facts to back up these assertions." --
5 > author should read any of the wolf31o2's mails about this subject.
6
7 I _have_ read his "mails" about it, had several exchanges with him on the
8 topic myself. As a matter of fact if you read the "FUD" you might note
9 some of his quotes are the reasons I ran the tests in the first place.
10 Frankly, I believe he is wrong, and I explained why.
11
12 The FUD is that stage3 is a better installation process than a (corrected)
13 stage1. The facts are right there in what I posted. Stage3's take twice
14 as long rebuilding the same number of packages and introduce a plethora of
15 roadblocks in the build process unless you stay on a very narrow path. How
16 any "developer" can claim that this is a quicker, cleaner, or easier
17 process to support is beyond me. Maybe in bizarro world.
18
19 I will stick to the facts myself, thank you very much. I invite you to
20 actually read the reports I generated and tell where my conclusions are
21 wrong. If you can't do that, you are fudding yourself.
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list