From: Joshua Pierre <joshua@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] CVS ebuild's and Portage possibilities
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:58:34
1 Afternoon Gents,
2
3 Last night I was sitting on IRC and conversing with pekdon in #gentoo about e17 (Enlightenment DR 0.17) and the possibility of having compatable ebuilds that work for software in development using CVS.
4
5 We came to the conclusion that we could have a directory in Portage called cvs which is masked by default to prevent people not familiar with cvs software from accidently downloading it. We would also not provide support due to the nature of the software and we could enter disclaimers on the ebuild asking for y/n input.
6
7 Please let me know if this is do-able as I would really like to see this happen so we can still maintain a clean system with up to date software.
8
9 Regards,
10
11 Joshua
12 --
13 You can do it, you can do it all night long