From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should ${T} be defined in pkg_prepare ?
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 15:37:32
1 Am Samstag, den 31.03.2012, 14:44 +0200 schrieb Ulrich Mueller:
2 > >>>>> On Sat, 31 Mar 2012, Maciej Grela wrote:
3 >
4 > > I've read the PMS and I haven't found information whether this variable
5 > > is supposed to be set during pkg_prepare or not.
6 >
7 > There is no such stage. You mean pkg_pretend, I suppose?
8 >
9 > > Therefore I ask, what is the proper behaviour here ? Is there
10 > > documentation on what special env variables are supposed to be
11 > > defined in each stage ?
12 >
13 > It's specified here:
14 > <http://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/4/pms.html#x1-11900012.1>
15 >
16 > | Variable Legal in Consistent? Description
17 > | ---------------------------------------------------------------------
18 > | T All Partially⁴ The full path to a temporary
19 > | directory for use by the ebuild.
20 > |
21 > | ⁴Consistent and preserved across a single connected sequence of
22 > | install or uninstall phases, but not between install and uninstall.
23 > | When reinstalling a package, this variable must have different
24 > | values for the install and the replacement.
25 >
26 > > Can this be considered as a bug in paludis ?
27 >
28 > The spec seems to be clear that T is legal in all phases, including
29 > pkg_pretend.
30
31 Well, I'd say: there is no sane value you can assign to $T since you are
32 not allowed to write anything anyway:
33
34 "pkg_pretend must not write to the
35 filesystem." (http://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/4/pms.html#x1-9700010.1.2)
36
37 and since "pkg_pretend is run separately from the main phase function
38 sequence, and does not participate in any kind of environment saving" it
39 is not guaranteed to be set to the same $T later.
40
41 Cheers,
42 Tiziano

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature