From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] libusb-compat preference in virtual/libusb:0 not strong enough?
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 16:44:22
1 Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > > Can you try swapping the two in the virtual?
3 >
4 > Or not.
5
6 I guess that you assumed that I suggested to test this in-tree, so
7 I guess I should clarify that I would expect it to be tested in
8 PORTDIR_OVERLAY.
9
10 If my guess is correct then you are really way too eager to
11 misunderstand what people intend to transmit, given a less than
12 unambiguous message.
13
14 In the future, please give me (and why not others) the benefit of the
15 doubt, and ask for clarification if I suggest something that seems
16 like a bad idea to you.
17
18 It does require more email round trips, but the end result is not
19 only a positive discussion which promotes greater understanding for
20 active and passive participants alike - it also makes you seem much
21 more sympathetic which can only be a good thing.
24 //Peter