From: Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Portage QA check for FHS/Gentoo policy paths, for top-level dirs and /usr/share/doc
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 20:04:34
1 On Mon, 1 Oct 2018 08:19:29 -0700
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all,
5 >
6 > The ~arch version of portage hs a new QA check that reports installation
7 > of files outside of directories that have been whitelisted [1]. The
8 > current whitelist includes:
9 >
10 > directories common to / and /usr
11 > ================================
12 > bin lib lib32 lib64 libx32 sbin
13 >
14 > top level directories
15 > ================================
16 > boot dev etc opt srv usr var
17 >
18 > /usr level directories
19 > ================================
20 > include libexec share src
21 >
22 > /usr/share/doc level directories
23 > ================================
24 > /usr/share/doc/${PF}
25
26 As this will break existing ebuilds I'd suggest guarding it against
27 next EAPI. Out of top of by head the change will break at least
28 crossdev outright. At least for two reasons:
29 1. building a gcc cross-compiler usually refers to $SYSROOT/sys-include.
30 'git grep sys-include' will show a bunch of ebuilds that create that
31 symlinks outside the space.
32 2. cross-building target libc is currently done on the host's emerge
33 and installs into /usr/$CTARGET/.
34
35 I think whitelist would be able to cover these use cases as they are
36 a function of ${CTARGET} (or $CATEGORY) value.
40 Sergei