From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Modular X (7.0) stable on x86
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 19:34:40
Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> I encourage other architectures to stabilize modular X. AMD64, you will > want to go with 7.0 because you also have binary drivers. All other > archs will want to go with 7.1. The modular X package list [2] will help > with this.
- I'm offering to stable any interested arch for 7.1. PPC, SPARC and MIPS have already taken me up on this. I will be starting this very soon (within 2 hours at most), so respond ASAP if you would like to save yourself a lot of work. - I highly recommend you delete or move your distfiles before starting, to ensure you don't break the digests. Early on in modular X, the digests for many tarballs were changed. - If you stable your own arch, please also keyword xev and luit in addition to the various deps of virtual/x11, xorg-x11 and xorg-server. Thanks, Donnie