From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in net-im/qutecom: metadata.xml ChangeLog qutecom-2.2_p20110210.ebuild
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:33:26
1 On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > So, in your opinion, if we have 'foo' and 'libfoo' which are strictly
3 > version-bound, we can't allow users to install older versions?
4
5 Obviously the real issue is when libfoo is libpng or openssl or whatever.
6
7 It almost makes you wonder if the solution is to do a LOT more
8 slotting. Maybe with the right automation slotting could be less
9 painful to maintain. Of course, if you take that to the ultimate
10 extreme you'd just have every package install each file with a hash in
11 the filename and then have /usr/bin et all be a collection of
12 symlinks. And before you know it you're running Plan9. :)
13
14 Rich