From: Paul de Vrieze <gentoo-user@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ntpd and ntpdate
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:25:38
On Tuesday 18 March 2003 13:12, Andy Arbon wrote:
> Hello, > > Is there a neat way to just run ntpdate at system initialisation? I > don't want to use my Gentoo machine as an ntp server, but I would like > it to synchronise its clock with another machine on my network at bootup. > > Is there an easy way to do this, or should I submit it as a RFE to the > ntpd configuration and startup scripts? > > Cheers, > > Andy
This is allready included in the ntp scripts. Just edit the configuration file. Btw. ntpd is not a necesarilly server. It takes care that the time stays correct. Check the ntpd.conf file for restricting the server capabilities. Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Researcher Mail: pauldv@××××××.nl Homepage: http://www.cs.kun.nl/~pauldv