From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Dropping localepurge
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 00:40:36
1 On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 14:09:57 -0500
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sunday 29 January 2012 00:01:50 Philip Webb wrote:
5
6 > > Below is the output from 'localepurge' after this week's system
7 > > update. Please don't drop it till 'should' does = 'does'.
8 >
9 > the vast majority of that output comes from like 3 or 4 packages.
10 > file bugs if you want things to actually get fixed.
11 > -mike
12
13 That was only from one week of updates. localepurge routinely cleans
14 quite a bit for me, though I can't guess how many packages.
15
16 I'll start filing bugs (as time permits - this doesn't seem like an
17 urgent issue to me) and see what happens.
18
19 AIUI, LINGUAS is the only variable that should affect what locale stuff
20 gets installed. Is that right? Before filing bugs, I'd like to be
21 sure my results aren't because of bad settings on my end.
22
23 I have
24
25 $ grep -i linguas /etc/make.conf
26 LINGUAS="en_US en"
27
28 $ env | grep LANG
29 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
30 LANGUAGE=
31
32 $ env | grep LC_
33 LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
34
35 Today's "offender" was webkit, putting a lot of stuff
36 in /usr/share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/