From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo-sources - should we stable?
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 10:01:56
1 On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 3:31 AM, Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o> wrote:
2 > So, i like your idea to stick stable to the LTS kernel. While it can
3 > lead to potential problems with some external modules(which are, for
4 > example, marked stable now but does not support 3.4 kernel) the majority
5 > of really stable external kernel modules usually backward compatible
6 > with LTS kernels.
7
8 By LTS I was thinking more of 3.14, and not so much 3.4 or (gasp)
9 2.6.32. We just want to get out of the version of the month grind.
12 Rich