From: Adam Voigt <adam@××××××××××.com>
To: Tom Prado <tprado@×××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Linksys Wireless USB
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:19:56
1 Ok, funny thing, when I configure a computer for my use (work computer
2 previously
3 used by someone else) I always reformat, and go minimalist on what I
4 need to make
5 the system run smoothly, well as it turns out, at that time, I didn't
6 have any USB devices,
7 so guess what, I had turned USB support off in the BIOS. After several
8 thousand
9 resounding "Doh!" in a row, it will now modprobe uhci successfully.
10
11 And I get heart-warming little messages like "detected new device" and
12 such on
13 my USB connection. Yay. It says the device was not claimed by any driver
14 or some such
15 thing, but it's a start. Alright, my new problem is, wlanctl-ng fails
16 with the message:
17
18 wlan: FAILED: /sbin/wlanctl-ng wl0 dot11req_start ssid=
19 bsstype=independent beaconperiod=100 dtimperiod=3 cfpollable=false
20 cfpollreq=false cfpperiod=3 cfpmaxduration=100 probedelay=100
21 dschannel=6 basicrate1=2 basicrate2=4 operationalrate1=2
22 operationalrate2=4 operationalrate3=11 operationalrate4=22
23
24 wlan: wlanctl-ng: No such device
25 wlan: Failed to enable the device, exitcode= 1 .
26 wlan: grep: /proc/net/p80211/wlan0/wlandev: No such file or directory
27
28 Ok, the device is there for sure in /proc/bus/usb, so it's definetly
29 seeing it now, but I'm not
30 sure what "p80211" has to do with anything, any ideas?
31