From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New svg global USE flag
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 11:34:58
1 On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 07:06 +0900, Mamoru KOMACHI wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I'd assume svg USE flag (enable SVG - Scalable Vector Graphics -
5 > support) could be global. dev-ml/lablgtk and media-gfx/fontforge have
6 > svg USE flag and I'm going to add media-gfx/gimageview with svg USE
7 > flag. net-www/mozilla-firefox and net-www/mozilla also have mozsvg USE
8 > flag, so it makes sense to make svg global. If there is no objection
9 > I'll add it in a few days.
10
11 I think it's ok to add it. But the problem is with the definition. The
12 packages you intend to add support for are about adding librsvg deps,
13 but mozilla is about adding a non-default internal lib. Those are two
14 different things. I don't know the quality of the mozilla lib, but given
15 that it isn't a default option makes me think it isn't as much of a
16 focus point.
17
18 This touches a problem with USE flags, are they tied to an
19 implementation or are they an umbrella for a specification ? We have
20 both forms at this point and that adds to the confusion. We should
21 probably re-evaluate the USE flags setup.
22
23 - foser