From: Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ANN: Selinux demo machine
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 03:54:28
1 As many of you probably know us on the Hardened Gentoo have been
2 working hard to bring you superior security implementations.
3 We have done quite a bit of work on the SELinux implementation
4 in Gentoo and have gotton a significant amount of work done.
5 Thanks to Chris PeBenito on our team for all his hard work with
6 the SELinux policies we are now very excited to offer a
7 demonstration machine for everyone's enjoyment.
8
9 This machine is hardened with SELinux, no other security
10 precautions have been done so that you can see the power of
11 SELinux.
12
13 Just a reminder, comments left on the machine indicate that
14 there are some misconceptions about the machine.
15
16 - The machine doesn't have restricted bash
17 - The partitions aren't mounted ro or noexec
18 - The root uid has not been changed
19 - This is not a chrooted or virtual installation
20
21 With no further ado please visit http://selinux.dev.gentoo.org
22 for root login information.
23
24 Please enjoy the machine, but don't DoS it or try to cause
25 problems for others who also wish to check it out.
26
27 For questions, comments or help please join #gentoo-hardened
28 on irc.freenode.net or look at the project webpage at
29 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened
32 Thanks from the Hardened team.
33
34 Joshua Brindle