From: Alexander Trotsenko <oleksandr.trotsenko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Help with category for Authenticator
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 14:31:46
1 Hello, guys!
2
3 I tried asking this question in #gentoo-proxy-maint IRC and I was told I
4 should venture for gentoo-dev mailing list.
5
6 So I introduced a new package into Gentoo, Authenticator
7 (https://github.com/bilelmoussaoui/Authenticator). I placed it under
8 gnome-extra. However, shortly after the commit, gnome-extra guy said it
9 does not belong there and I am supposed it to move somewhere else. There
10 is a bug that touches this subject https://bugs.gentoo.org/663820.
11
12 I currently consider to move it to app-crypt. Some folks also suggested
13 net-misc as a reasonable destination. I wonder if I could contact
14 "maintainers" so to say of those categories to make sure they are
15 willing to accept authenticator within their category.
16
17 What's the best way to handle this situation? Also, if somebody wants to
18 suggest yet another category, speak up!
19
20 Thank you!
21 Alex.