From: Hector Urtubia <urtubia@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ebuild questions
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 00:51:04
1 Hey,
2 I just installed gentoo and I love it. I also started writing some ebuilds,
3 but I ran into some questions:
4 1.- How does ebuild fill the CONTENTS file of a package when installing ??
5 The problem that I had is that some programs kept track of its installation
6 files into the CONTENTS file, and some did not. I know that using the scripts
7 on /usr/lib/portage/bin work, but only _some_ makefiles register the programs
8 correctly.
9
10 2.- How do I submit new ebuilds?? So far I have ebuilds for ladspa and
11 terminatorX. I'm planning to do a couple more :)
12
13 Thanks, and keep those ebuilds coming!
14
15 Hector U.