From: jano <jano@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] grub 0.90-r2 splash image
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 14:10:32
1 I played with this the other day. Here's what I found:
2
3 When you apply that grub-0.57-vga16 patch, and just compile, grub compiles
4 fine. However, splashimage stuff isn't compiled in (grep the binary files
5 for splahsimage). Well.. after looking at the code, seems like you need to
6 "#define VGA16" in the config.h. HOWEVER, doing so causes the compile to
7 break :(
8
9 So here's how I got my splashimage to work:
10 downloaded redhat grub rpm, then
11 alien --to-tgz grub.rpm
12 unzippied the tgz in /tmp and copied the files over to where the grub ebuild
13 installed the files. You have to remember to link menu.lst to grub.conf in
14 /boot/grub.
15
16 Make sure to reload grub (e.g. setup (hd0))
17
18 > I've been working on updating the current grub with the latest
19 > RedHat patches. I can't for the life of me get the splash image
20 > to work. Am I missing something, or is my ebuild broken? If
21 > somebody who has the splashimage working would try this ebuild,
22 > I would be quite grateful.
23 >
24 > Thanks,
25 > Grant
26 >
27 > ---menu.lst---
28 > g2 grub # cat /boot/grub/menu.lst
29 > default 0
30 > timeout 30
31 >
32 > splashimage=(hd0,1)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
33 >
34 > title="Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc6-r12"
35 > root (hd0,1)
36 > kernel /boot/bzImage root=/dev/hda3 hdc=ide-scsi
37 > --
38 > ___________________________________________________________________ |
39 > Grant Goodyear | The Secrets of Physics: | |
40 > Dept. of Chemistry - Clemson U |1. Add zero. | |
41 > Clemson, SC 29634 |2. Multiply by one. |
42 > |-------------------------------------|3. Expand in a Taylor series|
43 > |e-mail: goodyea@×××××××.edu |4. Integrate by parts. |
44 > |www:bernacchi.chem.uh.edu/~grant |5. Fourier transform. | |
45 > |6. Add auxiliary variables |
50 > gentoo-dev mailing list
51 > gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org