From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How a new ARCH is added to Gentoo?
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 12:25:46
1 On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 8:28 AM, Kfir Lavi wrote:
3 >> Is there any article that elaborate my question?
4 >> My aim is to explain, why Gentoo is much more agile then
5 >> any other binary distribution when hopping between arches.
6 >> Lets say we started development on x86, then we want to
7 >> move to another arch, or a totally new arch. I would like
8 >> to know the process, lets say compared to Debian.
9 >
10 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/318251
11 > -mike
14 Hey Mike,
15 thanks a lot for your document.
16 It seems really easy to do this. (Well, after you know how to handle
17 Catalyst ;-)
18 I guess the wicking part and the compilation of packages will add some work.
19 But it really seems simple.
20
21 Thanks,
22 Kfir