From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: stabilization policies
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 07:53:46
1 20.08.2013 22:28, Ian Stakenvicius пишет:
2 > I see a few issues with ~arch -> table migrations:
3 >
4 > #1 - things just sit in ~arch. The auto-stablereq script should help
5 > with this one I think; we should give it some time to see if it works out.
6
7 My personal opinion on this - there is some package, that should not go
8 into stable. Do not get me wrong, but i presumes that stable gives user
9 ability to run well-working applications.
10
11 If package can fail in some stupid untrivial ways and maintainer can
12 reproduce this - then this version should not go into stable.
13
14 And you know that some packages can be in such state, well, for years of
15 active development. But it does not mean that some subset of users needs
16 them. That's why - ~arch(or, if they are broken in some security-related
17 things - hardmasked).
20 Best regards, Sergey Popov
21 Gentoo developer
22 Gentoo Desktop Effects project lead
23 Gentoo Qt project lead
24 Gentoo Proxy maintainers project lead