From: Evan Read <eread@×××××××××.org>
To: Paul <set@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Feedback on new ebuilds
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 21:31:20
1 > Hi;
2 >
3 > If you have a problem with making an ebuild, most times,
4 > it has been encountered and solved in an existing ebuild. One
5 > way to find them is with rgrep, or something like:
6 >
7 > find /usr/portage -name "*.ebuild" -exec grep -i REGEXP {} /dev/null \;
8 >
9 > Where, in your case 'CFLAGS' might be a good REGEXP
10 > string. I believe make.conf is basicly a collection of env
11 > variables, which are available to an ebuild. eg. ${CFLAGS} and
12 > ${CXXFLAGS} are set for you.
13 > Other peoples ebuilds often make interesting reading.
14 > Good luck!
15
16 Hey,
17
18 I had tried the env variable thing but not properly ;) Here was the
19 line that did it:
20
21 emake CFLAGS=${CFLAGS} || die
22
23 Thanks Paul.
27 "The future comes 60 minutes an hour no matter who you are or what you
28 do."
29 The Screwtape Letters - C.S. Lewis