From: Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] vim syntax global use flag
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 14:24:27
1 I was thinking a while back (dangerous) ;-). That it would be a good
2 idea to have a global use flag for all packages that have related vim
3 syntax ebuilds. say I set the use flag (let's call it vim-syntax) for
4 pam, then it would pull app-vim/pam-syntax, there are I think at least
5 20 syntax ebuilds.
6
7 this might also allow for the removal of the meta ebuilds that pull
8 multiple syntax files. I'm not sure on that though, because some might
9 still want to pull all files at once.
10
11 the reason I'm suggesting this is that I'm a vim user that doesn't
12 want to research what syntax files are available but also doesn't want
13 to pull all the syntax ebuilds. only the ones for packages I have
14 installed. it would also allow people to find a syntax ebuild comes
15 out for a package they use where it didn't previously exist.
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list