From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek.chauhan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] DIGESTS metadata variable for cache validation
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:52:51
1 On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <snip ideas>
3 > So... flame away.
4
5 When I first read Zac's original email, I was sure that a change was
6 required, and I'm sure now as well (I personally find the cache stuff
7 pretty clunky). However, I think that a time has come for more
8 *radical* change to the repository format. We've learnt a lot of
9 lessons regarding flat-file repository management, and our experience
10 could result in a new much better system.
11
12 I'm not sure what kind of tree structure exherbo uses, but I'm sure
13 there are ideas we could take from there as well. This alongwith our
14 plans for moving to GIT, and the tagging need, and various others
15 means this is a good time for a "revolution" :)
16
17 As they say, "Keep one to throw away, you're going to anyway".
21 ~Nirbheek Chauhan