From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PR mass closing
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 20:16:41
1 First of all, please don't send HTML mail.
2
3 On Sat, 2020-05-16 at 20:08 +0200, lssndrbarbieri@×××××.com wrote:
4 > Was it necessary to mass close my PR on GitHub? I’ve lost quite some time to make them and I’m a bit upset.
5
6 I'm sorry but if you start mass-filing pull requests without consulting
7 anyone first, you have only yourself to blame. I am also upset that
8 I had to manually close a dozen PRs.
9
10 > How much we have to wait to get rid of python2?
11
12 The rule of thumb would be until we get rid of all packages requiring
13 Python 2.
14
15 > The earlier the better because portage want to pull in python2 stuff if available even when I don’t want.
16
17 Then set PYTHON_TARGETS appropriately. Duplicating ebuild revisions
18 doesn't help anyone. As explained on the pull request. Neither does
19 complaining.
22 Best regards,
23 Michał Górny