From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] usr merge
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 06:59:33
1 On Saturday, April 09, 2016 09:07:46 PM Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 8:09 PM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > > I actually write my own initramfs because neither dracut not genkernel end
4 > > up with a convenient boot system.
5 > >
6 > > I have 2 disks, both encrypted.
7 > > I prefer only to enter the decryption password once. Both Dracut and
8 > > Genkernel insist on asking for the password/key for every single disk.
9 >
10 > You can of course roll your own, but I imagine that it would be more
11 > straightforward to just write your own dracut plugin. They're
12 > basically just scripts that run at whatever boot stage you define.
13 > You might also just be able to modify the existing plugin.
14
15 Possibly, but that will take longer than it took to create my own.
16 The config-file is 181 lines. Mostly copied from an example.
17 The init-file is 45 lines.
18
19 And it can be easily maintained.
22 Joost