From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: removing dhcpcd from system???
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:19:07
1 On Wednesday 29 September 2004 00:16, Christian Parpart wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 28 September 2004 10:23 pm, Gábor Farkas wrote:
3 > > On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 21:43 +0200, Christian Parpart wrote:
4 > > > As I dislike python (sorry), too, I'd of course use a programming
5 > > > language
6 > > > that generates native code and supports high level programming
7 > > > features like
8 > > > C++ :)
9 > >
10 > > why is it important that it generates native code?
11 >
12 > easy, it's faster. however, this is no must of course.
13
14 For most tasks of portage speed really really doesn't matter. There are
15 only a few parts of portage where speed is actually an issue and python
16 can interface with c/c++ easilly. The only valid reason for not wanting
17 python would be the ability to create a standalone (maybe even static)
18 version of portage.
19
20 Paul
21
22 ps. Compile times are not hindered at all by the use of python instead of
23 for example C
26 Paul de Vrieze
27 Gentoo Developer
28 Mail: pauldv@g.o