From: Jason Zaman <perfinion@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sparc Arch status
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 07:41:22
1 On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 07:54:21PM -0700, Jack Morgan wrote:
2 > > (b) gnome/kde desktop support
3 > > I'd like to propose dropping support for gnome/kde desktop if systemd
4 > > isn't supported on sparc. I'm note sure it makes sense long term nor
5 > > have developer resources to continue to keyword it. I have a couple of
6 > > desktop systems so can test easily but running xfce4 atm. I'm open to
7 > > others opinions.
8 >
9 > I'm going to drop support for all desktops except xfce4. If someone else
10 > wants to help out and support another desktop, they are free to join the
11 > team and do so.
12
13 I'm the one in the Xfce team that usually handles the stabilization so
14 let me know if there are any issues or you want help with something.
15 The next release (4.13 or 4.14) of Xfce stuff is going to be fully
16 migrated to gtk3. The current stuff needs both gtk2 and 3. If you want
17 you can hold off a while and then do only gtk3 so you dont have to do
18 gtk2.
19
20 sparc also needs ConsoleKit2 keyworded and stabilized together with xfce
21 when you get around to it.
22
23 -- Jason