From: Hania Sabbidin <hms09@×××××××.lb>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: Fwd: [gentoo-dev] Thesis on open source
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 19:20:00
1 Quoting Sebastian Bergmann <sebastian@g.o>:
2 > Tres Melton schrieb:
3 > > I think the very concept of free software and interchangeable data
4 > > formats has eluded him.
5 >
6 > His first posting had an attachment in SXW (OOo Writer 1.x) format.
7
8 Thank you for pointing this out. Unfortunately, when I got a question from a
9 programmer saying "what on earth is a .sxw file?", I thought I had to post
10 another format.
11 And by the way, it's a she!
14 Quoting Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>:
15 >What about an ascii text or OpenDocument?
16 >
17 >Would be better just put a link and let who is interested go and fetch
18 >the document he/she likes.
19 >
20 >Please avoid sending large proprietary attachment on mailing lists.
21 >
22 >lu
23
24 Point well taken on large attachments.
25
26 Hania
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list