From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unmasking modular X
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 07:31:14
1 On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:16:38 -0800 Donnie Berkholz
2 <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
3 | Where do they define "lots"? Many packages will legitimately pull in a
4 | large quantity of libs or apps that are not installed by someone
5 | emerging xorg-server, e.g.
6
7 Heck, add in a "non-ported-package" fake package hack if you really
8 think ~arch users will have a hard time telling.
9
10 | I guarantee you that adding all of modular X to the virtual/x11 will
11 | make this drag out for years, and THAT is unacceptable to me.
12
13 Why must it drag out for years? There's no difference in the speed of
14 porting between the solutions. The only difference is the impact upon
15 end users.
18 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (King of all Londinium)
19 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
20 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm