From: Henti Smith <bain@×××××××.za>
To: Stephane Wirtel <stephane.wirtel@××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-user@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problem with distcc
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 16:17:34
1 On Sat, 21 Dec 2002 07:31:17 +0100
2 Stephane Wirtel <stephane.wirtel@××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Hi !
5 >
6 > I have a problem with distcc and portage ( perhaps ).
7 >
8 > here is the config of my make.conf for distcc
9 > DISTCC_HOSTS="stargate localhost"
10 > MAKEOPTS="-j4"
11 > CC="distcc"
12 > CXX="distcc g++"
13 >
14 > and i run distcc under a simple user, not under root.
15 > normally, it's ok on my 2 computers, it's the same configuration.
16 > when emerge works, it does not use distcc in the compilation.
17 > do you have a solution for my problem ?
18
19 Hmmm ... this is strage ..
20
21 I just tested with those settings (-j8 for 3 machines one duel)
22 and seems to work fine ... had a error about name resolving .. will sort that out .. working fine now tho
23
24 Henti
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list