From: Peter Hyman <pete4abw@×××××××.net>
To: Gentoo Mail Lists <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ROX: maintainer-wanted and apps out of date
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:09:51
1 Several core ROX programs are out of date.
2
3 Rox bug # 102228
4 Rox-lib bug # 79333
5 Rox-clib bug # 78309
6
7 Despite the above bug reports, and copies to the current listed
8 maintainers, the products are not being updated.
9
10 Rox is among the easiest programs to maintain, and many ebuilds simply
11 need to be renamed in order to work.
12
13 In addition, I and others have contributed ebuilds for consideration,
14 and they continue to languish or are assigned to the maintainer-wanted
15 alias. I have offered to produce ebuilds for review and submission. I
16 was told I needed to become a developer. While I would be happy to take
17 on the responsibility, I don't see why it would be necessary. The
18 ebuilds are already there for you. Just search ROX in bugzilla. I don't
19 need my name on it. However, I do feel strongly that if you are going to
20 offer a package suite in portage, you have an obligation to keep it
21 current -- ESPECIALLY when the user community is doing the work already.
22 No one is asking for any special work to be done -- just that bugs are
23 responded to and handled.
24
25 I do not know what happened to the listed rox maintainers, svyatogor and
26 lanius or why they are not updating rox.
27
28 I was wondering what it will take to have the portage tree updated. With
29 the two libraries noted above, they are blockers to some of the rox
30 applications and really need to be resolved.
31
32 At least have the rox bugs reviewed and cleared out. Most of the ebuilds
33 have already been submitted and are being used. They deserve to be
34 placed in portage.
35 --
36 Peter
39 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list