From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] coldplug and hotplug
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 09:19:03
1 Hi List
2
3 I'm in two minds about something so I'm asking for input :)
4
5 baselayout lets all hotplug events through and gives no control over this,
6 whereas we can limit coldplug events via the RC_COLDPLUG variable.
7 RC_COLDPLUG is currently just a pattern list, but used to be a simple yes|no
8 I'm wondering if it's a bit messy from the users perspective - would something
9 like this be clearer or easier?
10
11 RC_HOTPLUG="yes|no"
12 RC_COLDPLUG="yes|no"
13 RC_PLUG_SERVICES="net.wlan !net.*"
14
15 or
16
17 RC_HOTPLUG="yes|no|net.wlan !net.*"
18 RC_COLDPLUG="yes|no|net.wlan !net.*"
19
20 The reason I'm asking is that the last baselayout patch I did changed from
21 yes|no to a pure list match, RC_COLDPLUG="*" and I'm not sure if I like it or
22 not.
23
24 Thanks for your thoughts :)
27 Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
28 Gentoo/Linux Developer (baselayout, networking)
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list