From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] virtual/acl
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 17:43:41
1 On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 18:26 +0100, Stephen Bennett wrote:
2 > We have a fair number of packages in the tree (57 someone said, but a
3 > non-trivial number) which depend upon sys-apps/acl for ACL support.
4 > Since the packages needed for this differ between platforms
5 > (sys-apps/acl is for linux only), if noone has any reasonable
6 > objections I will be adding a (new-style) virtual/acl for these packages
7 > sometime in the next week or so.
8 >
9 > This email brought to you on behalf of Flameeyes.
12 In your own words what benefit does this have over
13 kernel_linux? ( acl? ( sys-apps/acl ))
14
15 What acl packages exists for these other platforms?
16 Do they use the same API?
20 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
21 Gentoo Linux
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list