From: heroxbd@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] desktop experience on smartphone: thoughts and plans against Ubuntu edge
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 07:28:08
1 Hey Chris,
2
3 Chris Reffett <creffett@g.o> writes:
4
5 > Indeed I have. If you want to start such a project, I would certainly
6 > be interested in joining. Plasma Active is basically untested because
7 > I don't have a mobile device with Gentoo and installing it on a normal
8 > computer leads to display sizing issues, but I welcome any suggestions
9 > or bug reports you have for that.
10
11 Great idea.
12
13 As qt4 already supports wayland, we'll head to Plasma Active as soon as
14 we have a wayland.
15
16 Unfortunately at present, we have no code for graphics at all. It might
17 take long.
18
19 > What I would really like to see come out of this is some pre-made
20 > Gentoo stage4s for different kinds of devices, which I think would be
21 > a big draw for users.
22
23 Yeah, https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Android/tarball serves the
24 purpose.