From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: Zack Gilburd <zack@×××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] I've Got Root
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:51:03
1 Zack - not to enter this fray (or take it off topic...err...further off topic since it was originally a thanks), but I'm afraid this isn't quite true. If your joeshmoe user account is a member of the portage group, and you have sufficient permissions on distfiles, you can even do emerge -f with nonroot, *then* worry about the compiling. Eh, just had to throw that out there (I routinely add to my distfiles as my user account when testing new ebuilds).
2
3 On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:44:45 -0700